EditPad Lite is a general-purpose text editor, designed to be small and compact, yet offer all the functionality you expect from a basic text editor.It offers numerous features:
- You can open as many files in EditPad at a time as you want
- You change between the open files by clicking on their tabs
- EditPad does not impose a limit on the size of files you can open and edit with it
- If you run EditPad again when there is already an instance running, the file(s) you wish to edit will be opened by the existing EditPad window.
This means there will be at most one EditPad window open, which will save you from a lot of task switching.
- Of course, if you do need more instances, simply pick View|New editor from the menu.
- Block functions: save parts of your text to disk and insert a file in the current text.
- You can specify many print settings: font, margins, headers/footers, etc.
and immediately see the effects in the print preview
- You have the option to keep the EditPad window on top of all other windows
- When you close an unsaved file, EditPad will either warn you, automatically save the file as you prefer
- Reopen menu that lists the last 16 files opened
- EditPad puts an icon in the system tray that remains visible, even if EditPad is closed
- EditPad fully supports double byte character systems (DBCS) so you can edit texts written in Far East languages, such as Chinese, Japanese or Korean, as easily as those written in European languages
- Many settings such as word wrap, line numbering and auto indent can be made for each file type individually
- ROT-13 standard used on the Usenet for making (possibly) offensive texts illegible.